Thursday, August 28, 2014

Enjoying Charleston

Today was our first day that felt like a “day off”.  We woke up and I cleaned again. Who knew semi-glossy wood could show so many finger smudges? So I wiped down the walls and the pilot house helm… I can see that keeping Blossom “sparkling” is going to keep me busy!

My Mom and her friend Desnee came late morning and we had a great day. We gave them a tour of the boat and then we did a quick run to Staples to pick up some clip boards that we need for engine room checks and pilot house monitoring. That taken care of, we took a cab into downtown Charleston to sight see.  We had lunch and then walked through the downtown market. Then we enjoyed a carriage tour of the city, followed by an ice cream cone.  All in all, a pretty darn good afternoon J  

Desnee and my Mom

They had to head home way too soon but I was thrilled to get to see my Mom and meet Desnee.

Martin and I enjoyed dinner in the cockpit and a nice glass of Peju wine.  We turned in for an early night. Our next training captain, Jim Mobley, will arrive tomorrow afternoon and we expect to head out Saturday morning for Beaufort.  


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying your blog. I first heard about your Nordhaven a while back on Sean and Louise's blog and I've followed along during the construction and the (way too long!) commissioning. So glad that you're finally aboard and on the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're thrilled to be aboard at last and enjoying every moment of it :)

      Delete