Friday, January 31, 2014

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

Back in ’09 we kept a “pic of day” Picassa album linked to our blog (thank you Judy for such a great idea!)  The idea was to post 1 photograph every day for the year we would be living aboard I Got Lucky.  In practice, there were days when I had nothing of interest to post and more often, ended up posting multiple photos for a day.   I wanted to share our experiences with family and friends and thought that it would be cool to have a visual as well as written blog.  It turned out to be the best keepsake we could possibly have from that year.

Once we were back home, we used the album as a screen saver for the computer in our main living area.  Over the next four years, we enjoyed those photographs randomly popping up throughout the day, every day.  We revisited friends and places and relived amazing memories.  It both motivated and encouraged us as we planned our next adventure aboard Blossom.


I’ve been anticipating starting up a new “Pic of Day”, and it’s time!  We’ve added a link to our main blog page. I’ll be uploading photos as often as I can, with the goal of capturing at least one photo a day.  I’ve all ready missed some prime opportunities for photo opts. I have to get back into the habit of taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment